Women in Cancer (WinC)
Women in Cancer (WinC) is a non-profit organization that was conceived in recognition that networking, collaboration and mentorship/sponsorship are essential to building women leaders in oncology and cancer research.
WinC aims to create a community to promote mentorship and leadership training for women in cancer at all stages of their career.
- Flagship events include:
- Our Annual General Meeting (female leader/mentor keynote, educational activities in networking, mentorship and leadership)
- JuMP(Junior Mentoring Program)
- Hosted online networking initiatives and forums to help build global connections to advance leadership and enable research and educational collaborations to advance cancer treatment and care around the world.
- Up-to-date resources (including articles, conferences, and seminars) on leadership and mentorship opportunities
- Sponsorship of women to attend training events to advance their academic careers (research and leadership training)
All in Cancer (AlinC)
Who are we
All in Cancer (AlinC) is an extension of WinC that was conceived in recognition that networking, collaboration and mentorship/sponsorship are essential for all leaders in oncology and oncological research, and that opportunities and resources were needed by the broader community to support diversity, equity and inclusion.
Connecting today, leading tomorrow, growing together: WinC-AlinC is committed to advancing cancer care by encouraging continued learning, mentorship, leadership and connectivity across broad perspectives of individuals in the cancer field – oncologists, trainees, researchers and those supporting the field through STEM contributions
Our Goals are to provide
- A dynamic networking platform to foster supportive connections, career growth, and research collaborations in the field of cancer.
- A gateway to engage and grow mentorship and sponsorship connections.
- A resource for information on oncology, wellness and leadership, including updates on training and funding opportunities, conferences and online webinars .
Sharing stories about networking, mentorship, leadership and collaboration from our growing community in WinC-AlinC.
``Mentorship has been an invaluable experience, providing real-word lessons not found in a classroom. It’s led me to discovery of a career path I’m passionate about as well as provided numerous opportunities for scholarship, collaboration, and growth.``
Jodi GoldmanMedical Student,Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
``My mentor has closely guided and supported me to mature my personal and professional skillset, valuable for advancing my career. During this one-on-one relationship, I learned to better shape my goals, develop and communicate my ideas, and solve challenging problems.”
Dr Maguy FarhatPostdoctoral Fellow, MD Anderson Cancer Center